Overview of the role.
Apprenticeship opportunity for a Multi-skilled & Maintenance Operative, Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Training: NVQ L2. Accountable to: Site Supervisor.
|Hours||Approx. 39 per week|
|Shifts||Mon-Thurs 7am -4.30pm, Fri 8am – 3.30pm|
|Salary||Minimum wage for age|
|Contract Term||Until completion of Level 2 qualification|
|Qualifications required||At least Level 1 Functional Skills|
|Additional Information||Willingness and ability to travel is essential. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK with at least one formal proof of identification and must have their own bank account.|
|To apply||Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (applications must come via us and not be made directly to the employer)|
Main Purpose of Job: Multi Skilled & Maintenance Operatives carry out general repairs and maintenance to existing buildings. They perform tasks associated with a wide variety of different trades rather than specialising in just one area. You could be working in people’s homes or on commercial buildings such as schools, hospitals, offices and shops. You will need a good general knowledge of a wide variety of different trades such as Carpentry, Bricklaying, Plastering, Plumbing and Roofing. The work is varied and may be indoors and/ or outdoors.
Maintenance Operations may include the following trades:
- Joinery (maintaining structural and non-structural carpentry, replacing glazing and doors, repairing gateposts and fences).
- Painting and Decorating (applying paint, hanging wallpaper, preparing surfaces).
- Plumbing (installing basic plumbing).
- Drainage (laying domestic drainage).
- Wall and Floor tiling, (tiling walls and floors, preparing surfaces for tiling, removing and renewing floor screed).
- Plastering, (preparing surfaces for plastering, applying finishing plaster).
- Roofing (repairing bituminous roofing, repairing eaves and verge finishing, maintaining slate and tiles, repairing roof sheeting).
- Masonry (repairing masonry structures).
- Completing paperwork accurately in relation to site activities.
- Maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment for self and colleagues.
- Providing a polite, helpful, and flexible service to clients and the general public.
To be a maintenance operative you should have:
- The ability to understand building plans.
- Good all-round practical skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- A willingness to work flexibly.
- An awareness of health and safety.
- A good level of fitness.
For more information, email email@example.com or complete the contact form above, stating which role/s you are interested in.