Overview of the role.
Multi Skilled Apprenticeship
Maintenance Operatives carry out general repairs and maintenance to existing buildings. They perform tasks associated with a wide variety of different trades rather than specialising in just one area. You could be working in people’s homes or on commercial buildings such as schools, hospitals, offices and shops. You will need a good general knowledge of a wide variety of different trades such as Carpentry, Bricklaying, Plastering, Plumbing and Roofing. The work is varied and may be indoors and/ or outdoors.
- To assist with repairs and maintenance on a full range of electrical systems
- To assist with the installation of new and refurbished electrical systems using a full range of installation materials and techniques
- To assist with routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults
- Read and interpret drawings, selecting materials according to specifications, checking dimensions, alignment and levels
- Gaining access to work areas which may involve, according to age, climbing ladders, scaffold and working at height. Certain tasks may require working in confined spaces such as roof voids
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
- Completing paperwork accurately in relation to site activities
- Maintaining a healthy , safe and secure working environment for self and colleagues
- Providing a polite, helpful and flexible service to clients (internal and external) and the general public