Overview of the role.
Service, repair, maintain and install gas appliances in properties, in accordance with manufacturer’s instruction and guidance. Once qualified you could progress to become a supervisor or become self-employed.
- Install, service, repair and commission gas central heating boilers, water heaters, fires, cookers and meters
- Carrying out planned maintenance checks on systems and equipment
- Testing controls and safety devices to make sure that they are working properly
- Finding and repairing gas leaks using computerised fault-finding equipment
- Replacing or repairing faulty or old parts
- Fault diagnosis and repair of modern and traditional boilers and be able to carry out repairs to central heating systems, including fitting new pumps, motorised valves, radiators and adapting pipework as necessary
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
- Completing paperwork accurately in relation to site activities
- Maintaining a healthy , safe and secure working environment for self and colleagues
- Giving customers advice about gas safety and energy efficiency