Overview of the role.
Electricians install and maintain the electrical wiring, components, and systems in a building or on an engineering project. Once qualified you could progress to Building Services Engineer, Supervisor or become self-employed.
- To assist with repairs and maintenance on a full range of electrical systems
- To assist with the installation of new and refurbished electrical systems using a full range of installation materials and techniques
- To assist with routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults
- Read and interpret drawings, selecting materials according to specifications, checking dimensions, alignment and levels
- Gaining access to work areas which may involve, according to age, climbing ladders, scaffold and working at height. Certain tasks may require working in confined spaces such as roof voids
- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems
- Completing paperwork accurately in relation to site activities
- Maintaining a healthy , safe and secure working environment for self and colleagues
- Providing a polite, helpful and flexible service to clients (internal and external) and the general public