Overview of the role.
Critical Facilities Engineer – Electrician (Installation Projects).
Digital infrastructure company Equinix is looking for a Critical Facilities Engineer who is a fully qualified electrician; who has a full, formal electrical apprenticeship, for their installation projects in Slough.
Duties – Under the direction of the project supervisor, carry out electrical installation activities as scheduled by the suite build project manager.
Installs cage, commando sockets, distribution boards, fiber tray, ladder rack, and cabinets. Infrastructure installs to include the following: Whalebone cable management, fiber tray systems, Carrier ladder rack, AC/DC power, security trays, cage mesh.
Communication – Must have excellent customer communication skills, be able to work effectively with customers.
Technical – To support the engineering team and the operation staff on infrastructure issues. To review/develop technical facility standards relating to suite build activities.
Environmental, Health & Safety – Maintain compliance to all EHS policies in all areas. To ensure compliance with permit to work system. To support the Technical Manager with the development of safe systems of work.
Quality – To instil best working practices. Ensure that all operational & technical procedures per the Quality Management System are strictly adhered to, escalating any issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Full, formal electrical apprenticeship
- Gold Card
- Good customer and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Appropriate job-related experience
- Full UK driving license
- PC literate
- 18th Edition, test, and inspection training
- Previous data centre experience
Why should you apply?
- Competitive salary: circa £42k per annum plus a 10% performance-based bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the opportunity to purchase more (pro rata for shift positions)
- Insurance and Health: Life Assurance, Income Protection, Critical Illness Insurance, Private Healthcare, Eye Care Coverage, and Gymflex Membership
- Investment: Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Company Pension Plan
- Travel: Cycle to Work Scheme and Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
Equinix is a fast-growing digital infrastructure company, operating over 245 data centres across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks.
A career at Equinix means “you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success”.
To apply, send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com or use the contact form above, stating the role title, by 10am on Friday 8th December.