Overview of the role.
Labourers do a wide range of tasks including working with concrete, laying drainage and pavements and excavating holes and trenches.
Duties will include any or all of the following:
- Ground working – marking out and digging shallow trenches for foundations and drains
- Form working – putting up or dismantling the shuttering that holds setting concrete in place
- Steel fixing – bending and fixing the bars used to reinforce concrete structures
- Steel piling – fixing steel sheets together to form temporary retaining walls for excavation work
- Concreting – layering and smoothing concrete for foundations, floors and beams
- Road working – concreting, laying kerbs, paving and re-surfacing.
Additonally, you will contribute to:
- Completing paperwork accurately in relation to site activities
- Maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment for self and colleagues
- Providing a polite, helpful and flexible service to clients and the general public
You will need:
- A good level of fitness
- A basic knowledge of building methods and materials
- Good practical skills
- The ability to follow written and spoken instructions
- A good head for heights
- Good teamworking skills
- An awareness of on-site health and safety issues.
For information about applying, please use the contact form above.