Overview of the role.
Labourers do a wide range of tasks including working with concrete, laying drainage and pavements and excavating holes and trenches.
At the start of a job, you would help to prepare the site, for example putting up site huts, unloading and storing building materials, and setting up ladders and scaffolding.
Duties will include any or all of the following:
- Ground working – marking out and digging shallow trenches for foundations and drains
- Form working – putting up or dismantling the shuttering that holds setting concrete in place
- Steel fixing – bending and fixing the bars used to reinforce concrete structures
- Steel piling – fixing steel sheets together to form temporary retaining walls for excavation work
- Concreting – layering and smoothing concrete for foundations, floors and beams
- Road working – concreting, laying kerbs, paving and re-surfacing.
Additonally, you will contribute to:
- Completing paperwork accurately in relation to site activities
- Maintaining a healthy, safe and secure working environment for self and colleagues
- Providing a polite, helpful and flexible service to clients and the general public
You will need:
- A good level of fitness
- A basic knowledge of building methods and materials
- Good practical skills
- The ability to follow written and spoken instructions
- A good head for heights
- Good teamworking skills
- An awareness of on-site health and safety issues.
For information about applying, please use the contact form above.