Overview of the role.
Equinix and Newbury College Berkshire are offering this Mechanical & Electrical Engineer Apprenticeship. Are you 16+ and interested in engineering and the future of global connective technology? Or do you want to build on technical skills from T-Levels or life experience to get a qualification that kick-starts your career in one of the world’s fastest-growing industries? This 4-year course allows you to be paid while learning at college and on the job.
Equinix operates over 250 data centres worldwide. This role will see you be part of maintaining a critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team. The Engineering team keeps the lights on! They are responsible for maintaining the Electrical and Mechanical infrastructure across the various sites.
- Attend college and achieve. Everything you learn in the classroom will be put into practice in your job
- Work to complete Site based Level 3 NVQ Portfolio Competence Building
- Work with qualified technicians on Facility/Infrastructure Maintenance and perform preventative maintenance on site infrastructure (e.g. maintenance of primary infrastructures) under their supervision and guidance
- Perform site inspections and monitor the building and data centre alarms
- Complete site logs and gather data for permits, such as MOPs and scripts
- Assist more senior staff with responding to all on-site incidents and act as guided
- Potentially begin responding to basic incidents based on own knowledge and experience
- Complete basic work requests and circuit installations
- Contribute to ongoing infrastructure projects and carry out small works projects i.e. lighting upgrades under the supervision of qualified technicians
- To be eligible for this programme you must have achieved GCSE A-D in Mathematics and English Language or be prepared to work towards functional skills Level 2 in English and Mathematics
- Be available Monday-to-Friday in which on if those days will be one-day release for college with an apprenticeship at Equinix, you get to
- Build contacts, work with and learn from the specialists in the data centre industry
- Be part of a company where there is a variety of activities to get involved with to compliment your development
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com.